Social & Emotional Wellbeing Services
Social and emotional wellbeing programs are focused on reducing the impacts of trauma and promote wellbeing and positive behaviour and living. Current programs at Gurriny include:
- The Youth Wellbeing Service -a community engagement and therapeutic support service for youth and includes the operation of the drop in centre, the Youth Hub, at Workshop Street. The service employs several youth workers.
- The Men’s Program which includes two male workers who operate the Yarrabah men’s social and wellbeing activities from the men’s space at Bukki Rd
- The Women’s Health Service - a program to support women’s health and wellbeing in the community.
- The Safe Pathways for Families program to support families and individuals who suffer the trauma of removal from country, cultural and societal dispossession, racism and abuse.
- Life Promotion - a grief and loss counselling service for families impacted by sorry business.