Get in Touch
Need to email us? Please call and speak to a member of our Clinic Reception team who can direct your enquiry to the correct email address.
Ph: (07) 4226 4100
Fax: (07) 4056 9360
General Email: Enquiries@gyhsac.org.au
VISIT Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services Aboriginal Corporation
1 Bukki Road, Yarrabah, QLD 4871,
6 Workshop Road, Yarrabah, QLD 4871
Compliments and Complaints
We appreciate all types of feedback received by our patients! If you would like to advise us of anything (good or bad!),
We take our duty of care to look after others very seriously.
At the same time, we have a duty of care to provide a safe working environment for our staff and doctors.
If you have any concerns or feedback, please let us know.
We aim to look after everyone. However, there are times when our best-laid plans are not sufficient to deal with an individual's request, particularly when the request is complex and our patients are looking for answers that take time or warrant further investigation from our point of view.
There are plenty of ways to let us know you have a concerns or feedback;
- You can complete one of the surveys on this page
- You can write to us or send us an email
- You can talk to us
- You can put a suggestion in our suggestion box, which is located in the waiting rooms
Making an official complaint means that your complaint will be handled in accordance with our official complaints policies of the time, which include:
- Discussing the matter with stakeholders
- Assessing your complaint and deciding whether further action is warranted
- Evaluating your complaint and examining whether our procedures or policies for the future should be improved
- Responding to you
- Keeping a record of your complaint, the manner it was handled, and the outcome or outcomes that went with it.
You can make an official complaint by;
- Putting your concerns to us in writing or via email and please address your complaint to the practice manager
- Letting us know that you are making an official complaint
Official complaints can also be dealt with by the Office of the Health Ombudsman;
- In-person (over the telephone with a complaints officer from the Office of the Health Ombudsman), or;
- Via email or over the internet with the Office of the Health Ombudsman
The contact details and the details of how to make a complaint with the Office of the Health Ombudsman can be found at https://www.oho.qld.gov.au/
If anything about our complaints policy is unclear, you can talk to us about it as well.
If you would like to provide feedback about your experience at our services, we'd like to hear from you.