Our Healthy Lifestyle and Activities Officer delivers a physical activity/exercise program which aims to promote, increase awareness of, and encourage participation in physical activities thus improving and maintaining physical health outcomes of Yarrabah people.
The activities are developed to engage with people on individual, family, and group levels.
The program focuses on early intervention, prevention, awareness, participation and patient management which are delivered through the following activities throughout the year:
- Exercise circuits
- Walking group
- Mutkin Aged Care activities
- Aqua aerobics
- Cultural camps and activities
- Health Promotion programs including child health, anti-smoking, preconception, nutrition
- Women’s Health program
- Adult Health checks
- Child Health checks
- School sports
- Community Sports and Recreation programs, and
- Special events such as NAIDOC week, Foundation Day, Survival Day, Child Expo, and Youth Week
These are delivered in partnership with sectors of Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services, and other government and non-government organisations both internal and external to the Yarrabah Community.